We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
If you start the day on the right foot, chances are the rest will follow in stride. These muffins earn some major healthy points by embracing the glory of fruit- and vegetable-based ingredients. Zucchini is relatively tame-it's not outrageously flavorful, so it works well in muffins because it provides the serving of vegetables and extra moisture without tasting like “health food”.
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup grated zucchini (about 1 large zucchini)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, whisk together applesauce, oil, milk, banana, and honey. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in zucchini.
- Pour mixture into lightly greased muffin cups, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tops have browned.