This bowl tastes like summer. Sweet corn (charred on the grill to perfection), bursting ripe tomatoes, and fragrant fresh basil combine for a colorful and flavorful side. This dish would go great with anything from grilled fish or chicken to a classic cheeseburger. (If you don't have a grill, no problem! Roast foil-wrapped corn in a 350-degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes.)
- 4 earscorn, husked
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat grill to high.
- Wrap each ear of corn in tin foil. Place on grill and cook about 5 minutes per side, using tongs to turn occasionally. Remove corn from grill and let cool completely.
- To remove kernels from cobs, stand ear upright in a large bowl and hold top. Use a sharp knife to cut off kernels from top to bottom. Discard corn cobs. (You should have about 2 to 2 1/2 cups corn kernels.)
- Add tomatoes, basil, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Serve chilled or at room temperature.